The Purposes of Commerce Leadership Institute (herein known as CLI) are to identify and prepare individuals within the community for increased leadership and civic involvement, and assist them in increasing their potential to become community leaders.
- To identify promising leaders from the various geographic, ethnic, occupational, and economic segments of Commerce.
- To provide programs and information on civic opportunities, community issues, opportunities and problems with Commerce and Hunt County services, and to present the perspectives of centrally involved individuals and objective observers to the identified leaders.
- To increase the effectiveness of the program participants through the presentation and study of the fundamentals and dynamics of leadership.
- To develop and foster a high level of continuing civic and community concern and positive activity involvement by program participants.
- To build a network of current and former participants that will expand the range of associations of each member and that will be maintained beyond the duration of the program.